- Ubud: 6 days
(14 days break to visit Lombok, leaving and return to Bali by Padangbai, using public ferry)
- Amed: 3 days
- Batur and Pura Ulun Danu Batur: 1 day
- Bulian (Singaraja): 2 days
- Pemuteran: 2 days
- Gilimanuk (ferry from Bali to Java)
… considering traveling solo, eating just local food, no a/c rooms, sometimes dorms, travel by public transport as far as possible, no alcohol and no soft drinks, making my own laundry and walking a lot on foot… Shopping and souvenirs are also not included, as well health expenses and communications (SIM card, mobile, telephone, internet…).
Costs in Bali:
- room (fan): minimum 100.000 Rp up to 150.000 Rp (one person); sometimes dorms.
- meal: less than 20.000 Rp (local food, street-food, vegetarian meals, the breakfast is almost always included)
- rent a scooter: 50.000 Rp/day or 60.000 Rp/day
- a liter of petrol: 10.000 Rp (at the pump station is 8.000 Rp/l)
- snorkeling: 50.000 Rp/day (just gear)
- bemos: around 1.000 Rp per kilometer
- ojek: 10 km cost around 15.000 Rp (but the price of the ojek depends on your bargain skills and the needs of the driver, weather, time of the day…)… but once I need to pay 50.000 Rp for a 15 km ride!!!
- As Bali, was the beginning of my trip, and I didn’t know yet how to move around, I took some tourist shuttle bus as also taxis, which increase the cost of transport.
Note: this trip was made in March/April 2017, which still is considered the low season, when the prices of the accommodation could be bargain.