(English version from the text posted in Jun/2014)
Dao Cheng is also a starting point for anyone planning to visit the Yading Natural Park, popular for its mountainous landscapes whose snow-capped peaks frame valleys of spring vegetation, where the Gongga Silver River gently winds.
Throughout the park there are several rails, all properly identified and where a great part of the route that begins next to the Chonggu Temple, is made in wooden or metal platforms that accompany the ground, facilitating ascents and descents with steps and smooth ramps. From these structures, it’s possible to reach Luorong Pasture and take a walk to the Milk Lake located at 4600 meters of altitude and which is one of the main attractions of the park.
The whole area of the park is well organised with information, maps, rest areas, bathrooms …. practically all the rails can be visited without great effort but without great space for adventure, but where the constant human presence does not take away Beauty to the stunning scenery.
How to reach Yanding Natural Park
- Bus from Dao Cheng to Yading (the buses starts from Dao Cheng bus terminal, in the center of the city): 7 AM; 10 AM; 14 PM; 17 PM.
Cost: 50 yuan.
For the same price you can use the service of mini-vans and shared taxis, whose drivers gathered in front of the bus terminal, charge the same value but don’t have a fixe schedule, departing when they have the car full; however the mornings always the most favorable time to try to find transportation. If you chose to make the trip to Yading in the evening you may lose the beautiful landscape on the way.
- Entry ticket: 150 yuan + 120 yuan for the bus from the Visitor Center to the Park entrance, Chonggu Temple, around 37 km; It’s impossible to buy these ticket separately; the ticket valid for one day; it’s possible to buy two days ticket.
- Transport inside the park: 50 yuan or 80 yuan, return ticket, to make approximately 6.5 km in electric car that leaves the visitors in the end of the metal and wooden paths constructed along the river valley; this journey take less than 2 hours;
- Transport by donkey from Luorong Pasture to the Milk Lake: 300 yuan; the other option is to make it hilling that takes about 4 hours, both ways.
- The last bus leaving the Park, Chonggu Temple, to the Visitor Centre is at 17 PM.
- Bus from the Visitor Center to Dao Cheng: 10 AM and 17 PM; the other option are the mini-vans and the shared-taxis taht cost from 50 to 100 yuan.
- Lodging: You can stay lodged in Yading, close to the Visitor Centre, or alternatively in the small village of Aden in the middle of the mountain, between the Park entrance, Chonggu Temple, and Yading.
Xiannairi Snow Peak: 6032 m de altitude