- Public ferry from Bali (Pandangbai) to Lombok (Lembar)
- Kuta: 3 days
- Tetebatu: 2 days
- Mataram: 1 day
- Gili Air: 2 days
- Gili Meno: 4 days
- Trip from Gili Meno to Lembar, and then Bali (from Gili to Amed) by public transport
… considering traveling solo, eating just local food, no a/c rooms, sometimes dorms, travel by public transport as far as possible, no alcohol and no soft drinks, making my own laundry and walking a lot on foot. Shopping and souvenirs are also not included, as well health expenses and communications (SIM card, mobile, telephone, internet…).
Costs in Lombok:
- room (fan): minimum 100.000 Rp up to 130.000 Rp (one person)
- meal: less than 20.000 Rp (local food, vegetarian meals, the breakfast was almost always included)
- rent a scooter: 50.000 Rp/day
- a litre of petrol: 10.000 Rp
- snorkeling: 50.000 Rp/day (just gear)
- bemos: around 1.000 Rp per kilometer
- ojek: 10 km cost around 15.000 Rp (but the price of the ojek depends on your bargain skills and the needs of the driver, weather, time of the day…)
Note 1: in general the cost at Gilis are higher than Lombok, but just at Gili Air, I notice this. The Gili Meno is still quite cheap for food and with the same prices for accommodation.
Note 2: this trip was made in March/April 2017, which still is considered low season, when the prices of the accommodation could be bargain.