- ferry boat from Bali (Gilimanuk) to Java (Ketapang)
- Banyuwangi – Ijen Volcano: 2 days
- Cemoro Lawang – Bromo volcano: 2 days
- Malang: 2 days
- Yogyakarta: 5 days
- Borobudur: 1 day
- Batukaras beach: 4 days
- Bogor: 3 days
- Jakarta: 4 days
- ferry boat from Java (Merak) to Sumatra (Bakauheni)
… considering traveling solo, eating just local (vegetarian) food, no a/c rooms, sometimes dorms, travel by public transport as far as possible, no alcohol and no soft drinks, making my own laundry and walking a lot on foot… Shopping and souvenirs are also not included, as well health expenses and communications (SIM card, mobile, telephone, internet…).
Costs in Java:
- room (fan): minimum 60.000 Rp up to 125.000 Rp (one person); sometimes dorms. In Java most of the times the breakfast was not included. In Jakarta and Yogyakarta is easy to find dorms.
- meal: less than 20.000 Rp (local food, street-food, vegetarian meals). At the big cities, like Jakarta and Yogyakarta, the food is more expensive, with a meal in a low-key restaurant or eatery costing around 30.000 Rp.
- rent a scooter: 50.000 Rp/day or 60.000 Rp/day; a liter of petrol: 10.000 Rp (at the pump station is 8.000 Rp/l)
- angkot (small local bus): costs from 3.000 Rp to10.000 Rp for a trip inside a city.
- ojek: 10 km cost around 15.000 Rp (but the price of the ojek depends on your bargain skills and the needs of the driver, weather, time of the day…)… but once I need to pay 50.000 Rp for a 15 km ride!!!
- At Jakarta and Yogyakarta the GoJek, Uber, Grab companies offer moto-taxi services, that are an easy way to move around.
- Java has a good train system, that provide a comfortable way to travel by long distances. https://tiket.kereta-api.co.id/. The prices change according to the class trains (Executive, Business and Economic).
- A bus trip of 350 km costs around 100.000 Rp, in a air-con bus.
Note: this trip was made in May 2017, which still is still considered the low season, when the prices of the accommodation are lower, that can be significant at beach areas.